HFI Connect

User Experience News, Blogs, and Videos

I am schedule to take two weeks of training in Wahsington DC for the CUA Certifications. I would love to hear from those who have take the classes and pass the exam. I'm also looking to relocate to the West Coast ( San Diego, San Francisco, or LA) once I have completed my Master in Human- Computer Interaction and get certified as a CUA.  I would love to hear from those of you who are in this field of study. Also, would love some personal testimonials about the training. I was lucky enough to have my current employer to pay for me the take all the classes.

Views: 151

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Stan,

It's great to hear about your exciting career goals. I thought you would enjoy reading some of the in-depth stories about CUAs and their career paths. Every month we feature the accomplishments of a CUA in our CUA of the Month feature. To read the stories about CUAs and how certification has helped them, check out the CUA of the Month articles on our website.

Thanks,
Diane
HFI Connect Community Host
Hi Diane,
Is it necessary to take the Exam after the training participation? Will the training alone help us in getting jobs?

Regards,
Abraham
Hi Abraham,

The training will help you acquire the skills you need for a variety of usability and UX jobs. Certainly there is high value in taking the training itself even without completing the certification. Many people take one or two classes related to their need to acquire skills in a particular area.

CUA Certification is recognized worldwide and validates the CUA's mastery of fundamental usability principles – it can be taken with or without completing HFI's training courses. CUAs report that the credential gives them more credibility within their organizations and the resulting benefits to their companies are considered a good return on the investment in training.

For more information on CUA training courses, visit the training section of our website.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,
Diane
Hi Diane,

Can you tell me how can I take these courses and the exams? I am based out of Vancouver, Canada

Thanks,
Debashish
Hi Debashish,

HFI will be teaching CUA training courses in Seattle, the location nearest to you, in August. For a full list of cities and dates of CUA training courses, please visit our website or contact our course office for more information at 800-242-4480.

Thanks,
Diane
Thanks Diane,

I'll keep that in mind.

Debashish

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Discussion Groups

© 2014   Human Factors International

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service