Join the growing Integrated Media and Technology Department of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) as a User Interface/Web Content Lead. This person will assure positive end-user and information architecture for ASCO.org. They will also work closely with all departments across the organization to promote and safeguard website content and structural accuracy and manage daily operations and user-focused improvement projects. If you are team-oriented, a self-starter, and possess a strong and committed work ethic, then we want to hear from you!
- Interpret stakeholder needs into cohesive web design, and promote best practices as they relate to User Experience and Information Architecture
- Work with internal business units to map out functional requirements, site structure/IA, wireframes, and content audits
- Promote cross-departmental usability best-practices and user experience concepts, assuring editorial consistency and continuity of experience across multiple sites
- Regularly test new website features and enhancements, solicit feedback particularly from ASCO members
- Work with IT team to optimize Search
- Monitor analytics on websites and create reports for stakeholders
- Act as IT liaison and manage website-related projects using a project management system (JIRA), including quality control
- Lead daily CMS operations—including posting content, images, and videos in Drupal—for the ASCO.org website and network of sites
- Serve as CMS resource for ASCO departments, schedule and conduct basic and advanced CMS training in multiple platforms, and update and distribute training materials
To qualify for this position, you should bring:
- Four to five years’ experience working on websites, content management systems, and web-based applications (desktop & mobile).
- Experience with wireframing tools (Axure, Balsamiq)
- Experience using analytics ) to evaluate usage patterns.Excellent communications skills including oral, written, and listening
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking and juggling multiple projects and priorities with tight deadlines and limited supervision.
- Ability to work seven weekends per year for meeting coverage and travel to meetings as requested.
The ideal candidate will also bring:
- Experience with JIRA, Drupal, Solr,
- Experience with Omniture/SiteCatalyst/CrazyEgg
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Editorial skills/experience for additional content quality control
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing membership organization that operates in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs.